Thursday, May 29, 2014

Assignment 3: Morphology The Meaningful Units In My Word

1.  How many morphemes does my word have?
     My word has one morpheme, it translates differently.

2. What types are the morphemes?
     The morpheme in my word is a free morpheme because it can stand alone.

3. How are the morphemes combined?
    Morphemes are not combined in my word because my word only consists of one morpheme.

4. Visual Representation of morpheme arrangement of my word.


5. What other words are structurally related to my word?
  • murderous
  • murdered
  • murderer
  • murdering
  • murderers
  • murderess

6. Chart of structurally related words.

7. Four Sentence Reflection on what you have found out about your word so far.
I have found out that the word murder means what I thought it did, to cause the death of someone.
The word comes from old English - murdre and is now murder and means the secret, unlawful killing of a person, mortal sin.  This word can also mean a flock of crows which I did find interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment